Thursday, October 9, 2014

One Fish, Two Fish....

This week I started the protein extraction process from five different fish species. Biker Scout provided me with salmon and swai (which I have never heard of) and we had a lively conversation of whether or not canned tuna fish would work for this project (the answer was no, but we both decided that it would be fun to try later). C3PO came to the rescue (with the help of the lab-mobile and some mechanics provided by our biker scout) and provided very aromatic samples of catfish, dover, and halibut (which everyone else in the lab appreciated).. I am very curious to find out how successful this technique is; for I would like to try more evolved organisms after I master the fish. I also spent some time swabbing a fellow stemmer which turned out to very amusing and fun after the third hour. My fish have been cut up into 2.5 cm3 pieces and are marinating in buffer solution as I type this. My hope is that I will have results for my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment